Monday, July 25, 2011

Bike theft: Securing bolts

Whenever I think of my market bike which I park downstairs at the common void deck, I keep thinking about more deterrence. Whenever I do something, whether it's changing the suspension fork to a rigid fork, or the adding a cable lock to secure the saddle it just makes my bike less attractive to the thieves...

 

I read bikehacks.com, on how to secure bike parts. And one of the methods is using some solder to fill in the hole where you would normally insert a allen key to remove the bolt. According to their post, it can be expensive if you don't have the parts. Well, as an engineering student I had the tools:





After I was done:



 

In case you don't have the tools, you can also try this.

Or if you are feeling rich, this will do you good:

A special product that replaces most bolts into one that only a special key can open. No more stress about that quick release part you whole no ones notices...

No comments:

Post a Comment