Friday, October 7, 2011

New Commuter Found!

The Polygon Xtrada 3.0! Behold!




You can take a look at the bike's specs here.

I paid about $350 for it, although it was $50 more than I originally planned the seller gave me a lot of incentive! Lights, a Abus cable lock (He said it's a real solid cable lock, not those cheapo kinds!), saddle bag, spare tube, tire patches, tire levers, hand pump, bell, bottle cage. And the real deal breaker? The bike was in real mint condition! (Not good for parking outside though...)

So the first step to parking such a minty new bike outside?
1. Remove all things that can be quick relieved! (Quick-released)
2. Add good sturdy locks and lock them skillfully! (Refer to Guide!)


Isn't she a beauty? Now to slowly transform her into the commuting dream I envisioned her to be! Fears of losing her will be much higher than my once treasured Aleoca XT, I am putting my money where my mouth is. And let's see if my guide is actually full of crap, or you can can safely follow it and let your mind be at ease.

Tags: First steps after immediately getting your bicycle, preparing your bicycle for commuting, locking your bicycle after buying it, Polygon Xtrada 3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment